[xmonad] Cntr-F not working in several apps and Chrome has no menubar

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 04:18:20 UTC 2017

You aren't binding control-F, so xmonad isn't the problem there. You might
try using xev to see what happens to it. Something else you are running may
have a passive grab on it, but xorg doesn't provide a way to inspect
passive grabs. :/

The Arduino stuff is likely Java; see
https://wiki.haskell.org/Xmonad/Frequently_asked_questions#Problems_with_Java_applications.2C_Applet_java_console

Chrome doesn't normally have a menubar;  but it may register its dropdown
(look for three vertical dots at the end of the location bar, after any
extension icons) with Unity's panel to fake one. You can't use xmonad with
Unity, so if you require Unity's menu bar hack then you will need to run
Unity. Chrome will hide some other parts of its UI if you have "Use system
title bar and borders" checked in the Appearance section of the Settings
tab.