[xmonad] Xmonad: Get NSP Workspace

Dave Macias davama at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:20:12 UTC 2016

Thank you for replying Brandon.

I think i understood some of it but i know i didnt understand this:

> If you go to that workspace and press the toggle key for each window, the
> window will be moved to the new "NSP"; likewise if you don't go there and
> press the toggle key twice (once will bring it to the current workspace,
> second will move it to the new "NSP").

But reading your comment made realize something, (note: my haskelling is
close to zero)
1. NSP still exist. how do i know? i have several scratchpads and when i
hide them they actually go to the ws NSP but I myself cannot go to that
workspace. (mod-0) but this is probably a separate/related issue.
2. ws 0 (mod-0) is not the same as NSP, but that is what i want WS 0 to be
used for

So perhaps i didnt phrase my question correctly, or i just didnt understand
what was really happening.

The keybinding should skip the NSP workspace when i cycle through them. It
worked before because i actually defined the NSP workspace as "NSP".
Now that i have a workspace 0, how can i make it behave as the NSP
workspace so that the keybinding works?

Or would it be easier to define "myWorkspaces" as?:
*myWorkspaces = map show $ [1..9] ++ ["NSP"]*

But i had tried that before but it didnt work. My assumption was because i
was using an init and not a char data type.

Thanks