[xmonad] Trouble Rebinding ToggleStruts

Eyal Erez oneself at gmail.com
Sun May 4 18:49:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've been having a lot of trouble with xmobar after a recent upgrade.  I'm
using xmobar v0.20.1 and xmonad v0.11.  At first, xmonad stopped respecting
show struts and was continuously covering xmobar.  I then changed my
xmonad.hs from this:

main = do
  xmproc <- spawnPipe "xmobar"
  xmonad $ defaultConfig
             { logHook = takeTopFocus >> dynamicLogWithPP (xmobarPP
                         { ppOutput = hPutStrLn xmproc
                         , ppTitle = xmobarColor "#A8FC46" "" . shorten 50
                         , ppOrder = \(ws:_:t:_) -> [ws, t]
                         })
             -- Other definitions.
             }
To this:
main = xmonad =<< xmobar defaultConfig
        {  -- no logHook defined
        -- Other definitions.
        }

This works fine, but now for some reason, Alt-B is bound to ToggleStruts.
 I would like this to be Ctrl-Shift-B, and I have a key binding which adds
the second one, but I can't seem to get rid of the first.

How can I unbind Alt-B, and where is it coming from?

--
*Eyal Erez <**oneself at gmail.com* <oneself at gmail.com>*>*

There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.