[xmonad] [xmonad-contrib] XMonad.Prompt.Pass patch

ardumont eniotna.t at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:36:52 UTC 2014

Hello,

Daniel Schoepe writes:

> Hi,
>
> I think this is a nice idea,

Great!

> but maybe you should get the list of
> passwords from the directory specified by the environment variable
> $PASSWORD_STORE_DIR like pass does (falling back to ~/.password-store if
> it's empty).

Good idea, this way people can specify another storage folder if they want
to.

> Another idea would be to run `pass ls' and try to remove the
> pretty-printing it adds; this would avoid duplicating what pass does for
> finding the password directory, but would require assuming

Yes, another idea which abstracts away again from where it is
stored and avoid code duplication.

> that it will always pretty-print passwords in the same way.

At the moment, `man pass` specify `tree` program as the implementation.

This one needs a little extra work because of the parsing output though.

> Sadly pass
> doesn't seem to provide a way to just list the names of the passwords
> without any additional formatting.

Indeed.

I propose to improve the existing code with the first implementation suggestion as
a first step.

And then, if it is approved and merged, see what users say about it.
What do you think?

Best regards,

@ardumont