[xmonad] Xmonad 0.10, Xfce, Wheezy Stable

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu May 9 14:44:18 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Justin Bogner <mail at justinbogner.com> wrote:

> 1. Don't use desktopConfig/xfceConfig, and start xmonad with the xmonad
>    session as you are now. If you do this you will probably need to use
>    ewmhDesktops to get the xfce panel to work properly.

Actually, desktopConfig is exactly what he wants here if he's not running
xfce4-session; it doesn't know about session managers, it just adds in EWMH
and dock support.

> 2. Start an xfce session, but configure it to use xmonad as a window
>    manager. I don't know how to set this setting in xfce, but it's the

Edit the xfce4 session config file while not running xfce4-session, or do
an ugly kill/replace dance as documented in the Xfce integration page on
the wiki.