[xmonad] mupdf and llpp return from fullscreen

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:04:38 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Audun Skaugen <audunskaugen at gmail.com> wrote:
> På Tue, 26 Jun 2012 22:48:41 +0200, skrev Carsten Mattner
> <carstenmattner at googlemail.com>:
>

>> See below for links to the fullscreen code in mupdf.
>>
>> generic code calling winfullscreen():
>>
>> http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=mupdf.git;a=blob;f=apps/pdfapp.c;h=d2c28927;hb=HEAD#l789
>>
>> X11 winfullscreen():
>>
>> http://git.ghostscript.com/?p=mupdf.git;a=blob;f=apps/x11_main.c;h=941afcfa;hb=HEAD#l325
>>
>> This might explain why mupdf works with EwmhDesktops's fullscreen
>> hooks but not Layout.Fullscreen's.
>

> My bad, I assumed ubuntu had a recent enough version. I'll look at this and
> see if I what I can do.

Building the git clone is simple. Get the thirdparty zip and extract it
in the tree. After that simply run 'make build=release'.

To be clear, EwmhDesktops makes mupdf's fullscreen work.
Once Layout.Fullscreen support fullscreening mupdf does it
mean that returning from fullscreen should prevent mupdf
getting tiled?

This is all independent of the mplayer move by border width issue, isn't it?

Thanks for the help.