[xmonad] Delays in focus update...

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Tue Feb 7 21:46:28 CET 2012

Allen S. Rout [2012.02.07 1512 -0500]:
> On 02/06/2012 05:31 PM, Norbert Zeh wrote:
>
> >I did a very superficial test of the source of the problem, and in my case it
> >seems to be the decoration module that adds tabs above all my windows.  Without
> >decoration, I can open 30+ terminals and focus switch feels almost snappy and
> >certainly does not trigger the endless loop.  The moment I turn any form of
> >decoration on, focus switching, at least with many windows, starts to feel
> >sluggish.  Are you using window decorations?
>
> I don't think so;  I've attached my current xmonad.hs, Just In Case
> I'm too dumb to know that I'm decorating them.   Visually, I've just
> got the little red borders, of width 1.

Indeed, your config doesn't look like your using anything decoration-related.
The part that confuses me in this case about the poor performance you are
observing is that, once I remove decoration from my windows, I didn't notice any
substantial delays in focus update.  Admittedly, I tested only with at most 10
windows per screen, I think.  When (and if) I get a chance, I will try without
decoration and tons of windows once more, and I may give your configuration a
spin.

Cheers,
Norbert