[xmonad] Fwd: xmonad{,-contrib} on github

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Aug 28 11:07:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am Montag, den 27.08.2012, 11:05 -0400 schrieb Gwern Branwen:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:49 AM,  <wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> >>

> > Submitted patches are already centrally tracked at
> > http://darcswatch.nomeata.de/repo_http:__code.haskell.org_xmonad.html
>
> They're *supposed* to be tracked there, but as I've complained to
> nomeata in the past, the service seems broken - I'm pretty sure
> there's more than just 1 patch bundle for XMC outstanding. This is why
> I haven't done a patch roundup in months and months.

yes, something seems to be broken. I suspect it is related to
non-ASCII-Characters in patches (even in patches that are referenced by
the sent patch) that makes darcswatch fail to parse it.

I’m still very interested in sharing responsibility for darcswatch with
others. Is there anyone here who would be interested in hacking on it,
and also be a better caretake of the darcswatch installation?

Currently, darcswatch does its own parsing of patches (with code copied
from darcs), as it does not have the full repositories available. But
maybe the darcs API is or can be made good enough to cater for this use
case.

Greetings,
Joachim

--