[xmonad] Can I switch layouts based on number of windows in a workspace?

Jeffrey David Johnson jefdaj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 19:36:56 CEST 2012

Thanks, I'll read through this and try to figure it out when I get a
chance (maybe later today). In the meantime I get a compile error:

jefdaj at acro:~/.xmonad$ ghc --make OnlyFor.hs
[1 of 1] Compiling XMonad.Layout.OnlyFor ( OnlyFor.hs, OnlyFor.o )
OnlyFor.hs:60:64:
     `m' is applied to too many type arguments
     In the type signature for `onlyFor':
       onlyFor :: HowMany
                  -> m -> l a -> ModifiedLayout (OnlyFor (m a)) l a

If I comment out the type signature and load it in GHCI it guesses this:

onlyFor
   :: HowMany
      -> m
      -> l a
      -> XMonad.Layout.LayoutModifier.ModifiedLayout (OnlyFor m) l a

Does that look reasonable? m is One | Multiple, l is the LayoutModifier
and a is the Layout right?
Jeff