[xmonad] Get VLC to do fullscreen float in Xmonad

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 16:26:55 CEST 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Matthew Hague <matthewhague at zoho.com>wrote:

> (At least "Vlc" works for me, but "vlc" doesn't (i guess xmonad only checks
> one of the possible class names, or something)).

There is only one class name; you're being confused by a fossil in X11.
 (There are lots of these fossils; it's one of the big reasons everyone
wants Wayland so badly.  Large chunks of X11 still date from the 1980s, and
new functionality has been duct-taped wherever it could be forced to fit.)

WM_NAME:  window title
WM_CLASS:  first value is appName, second is className