[xmonad] lockup when starting gvim in terminal

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 03:48:17 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Jesus Sanchez's message of Fri Oct 07 05:24:40 -0600 2011:
> Downgrading gvim from 7.3.322 to 7.3.266 fixed the locking issue on my system.
>
> Gentoo Linux 3.0.4 x64
> - xorg-1.10.4
> - libX11-1.4.4
> - xmonad-0.9.2
> - gvim-7.3.266

Hmm, this one's puzzling. I've seen neither startup nor quit problems
with gvim using either 7.3.322 (~ two months) or 266 (this week)
versions. This is running gvim from shell, GNU screen, runOrRaise
prompt, or started by firefox/pentadactyl to edit an input form.

FWIW gvim immediately becomes a child of init here, rather than staying
in foreground.

Also running gentoo with 3.0.4 kernel
    xorg-server-1.11.1
    libX11-1.4.4