[xmonad] xmonad development (was: something in particular)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Nov 8 09:33:22 CET 2011

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 08.11.2011, 10:10 +1100 schrieb Ivan Lazar Miljenovic:
> > - Find that the haskell platform hasn't been updated in 7 months, despite
> > the claim it'd get love in July.   Get nervous about the entire haskell
> > community.
>
> I'm not sure why so many people make a fuss about the Haskell Platform
> not having a release... I can understand not _communicating_ this by
> updating the website, but is it really that big a deal (especially as
> there's no reasons for Linux distro packagers to stick solely to
> Haskell Platform releases)?

there is for those distros that aim to provide one version per package.
Either we abandon the platform (but then why was it created in the first
place) or we stick to the old versions, but then building some newer
packages might not work.

But this thread is getting O(ff)T here and more O(n)T on haskell-cafe...

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner