[xmonad] xmonad on Ubuntu 10.04 PPC on PowerBook G4

Jacob Beard jbeard4 at cs.mcgill.ca
Sat Feb 12 07:31:34 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get xmonad to work on my PowerBook G4 running Ubuntu 10.04
PPC. I'm running into a problem where xmonad doesn't seem to be reacting
to any commands I send it. For example, if I try to switch workspaces
using "mod 2", nothing will happen. If I have a terminal window open
when I attempt this, the cursor will blink, but nothing else will
happen. I'm running xmonad under Gnome with the Gnome integration hooks,
and this works fine on my PC hardware. I have tried the following steps
to troubleshoot:

* Changing the modifier from the default (Alt), to Super (Apple command
key). The same behavior occurs.
* Launching xmonad standalone, without Gnome

My xmonad configuration is the following: http://pastebin.com/H0M9Rw4J

I've also captured the output of xev with input "alt space" under
xmonad: http://pastebin.com/spYtG0B6

If anyone has any insight into how I could fix or further diagnose this,
I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks,

Jake