[xmonad] Next minor release?

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 17:08:15 EST 2010

* On Saturday, January 23 2010, Joachim Breitner wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Am Freitag, den 15.01.2010, 23:46 +0100 schrieb Jan Vornberger:
>> I'd like to bug again a little bit about releasing a
>> Bluetile-compatible version of xmonad and xmonad-contrib. ;-P
>>
>> Is this still on the horizont? What things are planned to go into a
>> potential next minor release and might need to be finished or polished
>> for that? Do we want more testing of the extensible state feature before
>> releasing a version of the core with it?
>
>I’m also curious whether there are plans for a new minor release with
>ghc-6.12 compatibility soon? That version of ghc6 will be uploaded to
>Debian unstable soon, and I’d like to avoid having a broken xmonad.
>
>Greetings,
>Joachim

I have no problems building the xmonad versions on hackage with
ghc-6.12. While addressing all the new warnings that come with 6.12 is
independent of packaging, those issues should be addressed sometime soon
regardless...

But it would be nice to get a new release out. Before then, it might be
a good idea to review all the pending patches out there. Darcswatch can
be quite helpful in that respect.

--
Adam