[xmonad] CycleWS.toggleWS bug?

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:29:46 EDT 2009

Excerpts from Alexey Feigin's message of Wed Sep 16 04:32:29 -0600 2009:
> Hi,
>
> I have found what seems to me a (theoretical) bug in
> Xmonad.Actions.CycleWS.ToggleWS. Or if this is not a bug I would like to
> find out why not :)
>
> The code for the function is
> ------
> -- | Toggle to the workspace displayed previously.
> toggleWS :: X ()
> toggleWS = windows $ view =<< tag . head . hidden
> ------

This has been fixed in darcs. It's not purely theoretical, I know
of at least one user that starts with only two workspaces, one per screen,
then uses dynamic workspaces to create and remove workspaces as needed.
Luckily he wasn't using toggleWS, hehe.

Current version:

toggleWS = do
    hs <- gets (hidden . windowset)
    unless (null hs) (windows . view . tag $ head hs)

--
wmw