[xmonad] new extension: XMonad.Layout.ShowActive

smschm smschm at umich.edu
Wed Sep 2 09:04:44 EDT 2009

Hi XMonad list - long time user, first time extension submitter.

I'm attaching an extension called ShowActive that it would be a
stretch for me to say I wrote (it's about 99% ShowWName, I just cut
parts out).  On each layout it pops up a small square in each window
for a short time, with the active window colored differently.  This
works much better for me than borders when alt-tabbing to
spot-identify which window got focus.

Now, I'm just attaching the raw .hs file instead of a cabal patch
since I cant get the development version of XMonadContrib to compile
against my stock xmonad-8.1, and I don't want to upgrade to the
bleeding edge in case it breaks anything.  Maybe someone else, if they
think this is useful, can make a patch out of it.  Or, if someone else
knows how to make a patch without requiring that XMonadContrib
compiles, let me know.

Enjoy,
Steve