[xmonad] Issue 322 in xmonad: Background shown when workspace switches

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Oct 26 07:09:58 EDT 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 322 by zenzike: Background shown when workspace switches

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Set the background to a noticeable colour (like bright red)
1. Open 2 windows on separate workspaces
2. Change between the workspaces in quick succession repeatedly

What is the expected output?
When switching from one workspace to another, I expect the windows to come
up directly, rather than seeing the desktop, and then having that be
populated with windows.

What do you see instead?
The background is displayed before the workspace is (re)populated with
windows. This is a little bit niggling when using a slow computer. I don't
know the internals of xmonad, but I expect that some kind of double
buffering would fix this?

xmonad-0.9 on Linux.