[xmonad] Re: Issue 333 in xmonad: mplayer doesn't go fullscreen

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Nov 11 12:14:02 EST 2009

Comment #9 on issue 333 by wirtwolff: mplayer doesn't go fullscreen

Found a reference that might be relavent here.
http://tigerdyr.wheel.dk/ctwm-archive/2146.html

Suggests using -fstype=none in command line. If this works
for you guys, you could put it in ~/.mplayer/config as

fstype=none

The alexeyFullscreen manageHook query I referred to is at

Please see if either of these enable fullscreening mplayer.

FWIW the mplayer version that works for me without extra
configuration is

2:1.0~rc3+svn20090426-1ubuntu10 (karmic)