[xmonad] tabbed, floating & focus

Konstantin Sobolev konstantin.sobolev at gmail.com
Sat May 30 22:12:23 EDT 2009

Hello,

I need a hint on how to fix a weird behavior of the Tabbed layout:
imagine you have 2 windows in tabbed: A and B. A has focus. Now you
call up a floating window C, like Scratchpad, and it takes focus. Then
you move your mouse and, without hiding C, click on B tab, B gets
focus. Now, if only you somehow give focus back to C (like drag the
mouse over it) - tabbed will switch back to A.
In the other words you can't switch tabs after you've added a floating
window: as soon as floating gets focus again, tabbed restores it's
state as it was before the floating window was added.
It's quite annoying and I'd like to fix it, but X.L.Decoration logic
is too complicated to me. Or maybe I should look at some other place?