[xmonad] Summary of unapplied patches: XMonad core

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:13:38 EDT 2009

* On Saturday, May 23 2009, Gwern Branwen wrote:

[snip]

There was some discussion earlier here:
http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=230&q=~%2F.xmonad%2Flib

As it stands, these three patches address sjanssen's concerns about
symlinks and hierarchical modules, since ghc seems to give the mtime from
the file pointed to.

>- 20090321232907: Add lib to ghc searchpath with recompilation check
>by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>    Another lonely patch with no comments or review.
>
>- 20090424012750: Use System.FilePath.(</>) instead of (++ "/" ++) in
>Core.hs  by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>    Ditto.
>
>- 20090503235415: Only watch mtime for .hs, .lhs, .hsc for
>~/.xmonad/lib  by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>    Ditto.

This last one is important, because otherwise the .o and .hi files force a
recompile unnecessarily when starting xmonad (unpleasantly slow!), since
they are often created at the same time as the xmonad-$arch-$os

I don't mind this set is left out, since rebinding M-q to cabal install
works quite the same when hacking on xmonad contrib.

>- 20090321233736: Pester the user with one (not two) xmessages on
>config errors  by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>    Another lonely patch. It sounds good to me, and the change seems
>    reasonable.

Yeah, this one should never hide errors, since xmonad --recompile calls
xmessage by itself.