[xmonad] Issue 290 in xmonad: Windows are no longer visible but are still there

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue May 5 10:26:23 EDT 2009

Updates:
	Labels: Component-Contrib

Comment #5 on issue 290 by nomeata: Windows are no longer visible but are
still there

Zack writes at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=526106:

I've been working with no FadeInactive extension for a week now, and
the problem disappeared. So it is most likely related to that
extension, and I'm therefore reassigning the bug to the xmonad-contrib
package.

Looks like FadeInactive sets in some moment a complete fading or
something, and then forgets about restoring it to a sane value which
makes the window readable. It's too bad, because FadeInactive is very
useful to recognize focused window.

Actually, the problem might also be related to the xcompmgr
compositing manager which I'm using. But I've no idea of which other
manager I could try out to verify that or not. Suggestions are welcome
on that point.