[xmonad] darcs patch: ThreeColMid - Swap slave window positions

Anders Engström ankaan at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:40:23 EDT 2009

You misunderstood the changes I made a bit. All I did was to swap the
positions of the slave panes. Previously they were placed like this |
slave1 | master | slave2 |. Which result in the following order with
three windows present and using W.focusDown: | 2 | 1 | 3 |. I changed
it so it becomes | slave 2 | master | slave1 |, or with W.focusDown |
3 | 1 | 2 |, since we wrap around at the end of the list we will be
moving from the top and moving to the bottom of each column and then
from the left to the right continously. This instead of moving from
the top to the bottom and then from the right to the left.

After sleeping on this I came up with the idea that a vertical and a
horizontal reflect will result in a very similar result, except that
the master window will be at the bottom (and a pixel here and there in
width). But this feels a bit tedious, I would consider this the new
behaviour the expected behaviour. If the proposed changed would be
accepted, the old behaviour could be emulated in the same way and with
the same drawback.

/Anders