[xmonad] EZConfig changes for Util.NamedActions

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Sun May 3 23:29:17 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 10:54:09PM -0400, vogt.adam at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> To allow Util.NamedActions to be used with EZConfig, I had to generalize
> some type signatures in EZConfig and add an additional function.
>
> What do you think of these changes, should I go ahead and apply them?

I didn't work on the actual substantial part of EZConfig; that was
byorgey. That said, it looks fine, though the duplication between
mkNamedSubmaps and mkSubmaps makes me squeamish. Also, why not have
mkNamedKeymap take HasName instead of NamedAction?

I didn't look at the NamedActions module in great detail. Looks neat!
Suggestions for UI:
- An IO () -> IO () that wraps the main xmonad action and wrests control
  from it if the user asks for --keys.
- An X () that toggles a cute little overlay like the ? window for gmail
  and reader.

Devin

--
When all you have is a hammer,