[xmonad] Issue 214 in xmonad: mouse shift with java

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Sep 4 17:18:57 EDT 2008

Issue 214: mouse shift with java

New issue report by girodt:
> What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. launch greenfoot (http://www.greenfoot.org/download/)
2. try out the drop-down and the contextual menus

for the dropdown menus, the mouse influence is heavily shifted from the
actual mouse position.

for the contextual menus, the whole menu is shifted away from where it
should appear, in concordance with mouse influence.

I tried to run the program in fluxbox to give it a try, and everything
seems to be in place. It looks like this vertical shift is linked to the
height of the (non-existing) status-bar of the window.

I'm really outside of my area here, but I'm wondering if Java/SWING is
making a call to the WM to gather informations that will allow it to
calculate the mouse coordinates relative to the window's space.

> What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?

xmonad-0.7 + xmonad-contrib-0.7 on archlinux

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium