[xmonad] Restricting mouse wheel bindings to a particular window

David Whittington djwhitt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:33:24 EST 2008

I've just started digging into xmonad a bit and it seems pretty cool,
but there's one thing I haven't been able to figure out thus far. In
wmii I have a pretty nifty setup where I can use the mouse wheel on
the bar at the bottom of the screen to switch tags (workspaces in
xmonad terminology). In browsing through people's configs on the
haskell wiki I found some that have mouse wheel bindings, but they all
seem to use a modifier in combination with the mouse wheel. What I
would like to do is detect whether the mouse wheel event occurs in a
particular window (dzen for example) and then do something based on
that event (eg switch workspaces). Anyone have any ideas? Is this even
possible? Thanks in advance.

David Whittington