[xmonad] xmobar with utf8 support

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Thu Feb 21 12:56:59 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 01:47:25PM -0600, Spencer Janssen wrote:
> Along the lines of the ongoing discussion on making DynamicLog easier to set
> up, have you considered adding StdinReader to xmobar's default config?  It
> would be really cool to add an 'xmobar' combinator, similar to the current
> 'dzen' function.  The idea is that we can make it really easy for the user to
> set up a nice status bar with clock, xmonad info, etc.  If we make this change
> for the next version of xmobar, I think we can start recommending xmobar over
> dzen because it constitutes a solution that works out of the box.

regardless the recommendation - dzen is very useful for many users
too, I think I'll implement you suggestions. I hope I'll be able to
make a 0.9 release together with the 0.7 xmonad release.

Cheers,
Andrea

ps: I do not intent to sound demanding, but I really need your
help/suggestion/directions for the issue #111 stuff. Please let me
know, when you find the time.