[xmonad] decoration status update

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Feb 18 13:27:30 EST 2008

Sounds great! (that is, all the stuff I haven't commented on...)

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 05:29:50PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> DragPane may still have some issues (and so combinators like *||*). I
> need to check.

Actually, if I had the time to do so, I'd see about converting DragPane to
use some of the Decoration framework.  I'm not sure there's really a good
mapping, since DragPane doesn't attach the pane to a window per se, but I
imagine there might be some goodness to be had by sharing.  In particular,
the drag bar shows up on top of floating windows currently, which is very
ugly.  And also, I'd like to have one of your invisible windows for the
drag pane (and perhaps a visible one as well), so that we could grab the
window borders to do the dragging.  Right now, since DragPane uses a
visible window, it has to fit between the window borders, which is a waste
of space.  DragPane would be *much* nicer if it could make use of the
existing borders we place on windows for a "grab" area.  It doesn't bother
me very much only because I rarely actually drag my dragpane, and so it
doesn't greatly bother me that I need two-pixel accuracy in order to get
hold of it.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics