[xmonad] The future of Decoartion

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Feb 8 05:28:19 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:18:12AM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> I think this is a tricky issue, since you want the flexibility of a
> tiling layout (a layout that will recalculate each window's size every
> time the workspace must be refreshed), but, below a certain amount of
> windows, the windows' geometry should be fixed.

Let me add that if you do not need the flexibility of a tiling layout
you could just use the approach of SimpleFloat: you can use
"windowArrangeAll", above a layout like SimpleFloat.

That would be far simpler: put the first window there, the second
there, etc.: that is to say, get the number of windows and decide
where to place the focused one - the last one to be created.

Andrea

ps: as you may understand in ion3 I used to use only the floating and
the tabbed layouts... I didn't appreciate it for is tiling capability,
if you want.
;)