[xmonad] Issue 237 in xmonad: focusedBorderColor sometimes fails to follow focus after a window shuffle [low priority]

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Dec 16 23:21:16 EST 2008

Comment #3 on issue 237 by lit... at hethrael.org: focusedBorderColor
sometimes fails to follow focus after a window shuffle [low priority]

I recently started noticing this--perhaps beginning a week ago. I haven't
upgraded
xmonad in a while, so it might be a side effect of upgrading something else
(I know
I recently upgraded Xorg). I am running xmonad 0.8 in Arch Linux on amd64.

I can reproduce this with two or more windows. Of the programs I run, urxvt
seems to
trigger it the most. I reproduced it with multiple xlogos in a workspace as
well, so
it's not just an urxvt issue.

I also sometimes see horizontal and vertical lines in my urxvt windows when
windows
change size (by opening or closing a terminal or pressing Mod+H). These
lines are
normalWindowBorder color. I am attaching a screenshot after I opened
fourteen
terminal windows and then closed seven of them.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Open at least two urxvt windows in a Tall workspace.
2. Focus the last window in the workspace (it seems to affect the last
window the
worst).
3. Press Mod+Shift+K.

Result
The last window and the next to last window are both drawn with the
focusedWindowBorder border color.

More Steps to Reproduce
4. The next-to-last window is currently focused.
5. Press Mod+Shift+J.

Result
No window is currently drawn with the focusedWindowBorder border color.
However, the
last window does have focus.

Attachments:
	urxvt-lines.png  44.3 KB