[Xmonad] Issue 74 in xmonad: cinellera does not launch (normally)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Oct 28 17:32:30 EDT 2007

Issue 74: cinellera does not launch (normally)

New issue report by ggdasa:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. start cinelerra application
2.
3.

Instead of starting the program, one new terminal is opened and the
cinelerra program does not start.

xmonad-0.4 on Arch Linux 2.6.23 kernel.

I worked with Cinelerra video editor under several wms - metacity, xfwm4
and other users run it on KDE as well.

Today I got info that it works normally on dwm as well.

In exchange with sjannsen on #xmonad he confirmed the strange behavior: "it
seems that cinelerra is actually starting and creating a window...it
creates a window called 'q' with a requested size of 128x128 (which
isn't a
hard limit, so xmonad uses another size)...it seems that the program hangs
until the wm changes this 'q' window's geometry..."and suggested simple
workaround: "mod-button1 drag the phantom window it creates", but hopefully
there is something better and/or maybe it's some bug in xmonad.

Sincerely,
Gour

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----