[Xmonad] Issue 27 in xmonad: Unmanaged windows should be able to be assigned to custom layout algorithms

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Jun 25 00:03:05 EDT 2007

Issue 27: Unmanaged windows should be able to be assigned to custom layout algorithms

Comment #1 by dons00:
With line wrapping:

                In Xmonad, a window becomes unmanaged by having the
                override redirect flag set.  This then means that the
                windows geometry, defined in .Xdefaults, is used.  This
                is non-optimal when working with multiple resolutions on
                a regular basis.  Laptops that are frequently plugged in
                to external monitors are screwed.  It would be nice if
                we could have layout algorithms for the non-managed gaps
                as well as for the managed center.  The gaps are
                rectangles afterall, and you could have a default layout
                of un-managed so that no functionalty would be changed,
                just added.

More info please, Tim. What is the problem, how do we reproduce it?
If its a feature request, clarify what precisely is desired.

Issue attribute updates: