[Xmonad] named workspaces, tags and sticky windows

Avi Rozen avi.rozen at mobileye.com
Sun Jun 17 16:13:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have several related questions regarding named workspaces:

Dumb question first: how do I name a workspace?
It seems to be possible according to this screenshot:
http://www.xmonad.org/images/screen-rob-circle.png
but I can't figure out how it's done...

I like the way wmii generalized the workspace concept with tagging -
is there any plan to support such a scheme?
Can this be done with a contrib module?
(note that in wmii a window with several tags may have different
size/position in each tag-workspace to which it belongs).
I'm guessing that this requires changes to the xmonad core - is this
correct?

In the meantime - is there a way to get a window to appear (possibly
floating) on several or all workspaces (again: can this be done with a
contrib module)?
(I'm looking for a way to make a window "sticky" *and* "managed" -
unlike dzen which is in the unmanaged border).

Cheers,
Avi.