[Xmonad] darcs patch: first window should be tabbed too

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Jun 11 09:21:46 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 04:55:48PM +1000, Dave Harrison wrote:
> Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> > mailing_list:
> >> Hi!
> >> I don't know, but I think that also the first opened window should be tabbed
> >> in a tabbed layout.
> >> I think...
> >
> > It's good to have precedent. What does ion do?  I note firefox doesn't
> > use a tab for a single window. Of course, a flag to turn this on or off
> > might be simpler.
>
> For me, with one window no tab is required.  For precedents I'll cite
> Firefox and Gaim (aka Pidgin).
>
> Ion always provides a tab (title bar) for every window.

Ion also has the popular mintabs extension, which removes the title bar
when there's only one tab.  I prefer this behavior.  It can make it a
little confusing to tell which mode you're in, but I think it's worth the
real estate.  It'll be especially useful if my ideas of nesting layouts
work out, and we start having much smaller tabbed layouts on a portion of
the screen--where you really don't want to waste space on unnecessary
tabs.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net