[Xmonad] xinerama not working

Bruce Stephens xmonad at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 08:06:30 EDT 2007

dons at cse.unsw.edu.au (Donald Bruce Stewart) writes:

[...]

> Ok. We're officially mystified. If X11-extras was correctly built with
> Xinerama, and Xinerama is enabled on your system, the above should have
> found a couple of screens -- its a simple call into X after all.

It's probably worth looking at what's actually in Graphics/X11 in the
source for X11-extras.  I managed somehow to get to the situation
where everything was linked to libXinerama, but it was still using the
dummy functions that didn't use it.  (Though the nm output you gave
also looks plausible, so probably this isn't it.)

[...]