[xmonad] Xmonad 0.5 + Gnome

Jevin Maltais jevin at techie.com
Sat Dec 29 23:47:33 EST 2007

So I'd like to be Xmonad to replace metacity in gnome.  I've read (and
tried) the instructions over at: http://xmonad.org/gnome.html which is
a great write-up.  Unfortunately however, I just can't get it to fly
with gnome.

setting WINDOW_MANGER="/home/jevin/bin/xmonad" gets me gnome + xmonad
but the gnome-panel is why weird on workspace 1 and simply does not
appear on the other workspaces.  Attached is the result.

My xmonad.hs:

import XMonad

main = do
       xmonad defaultConfig
        { defaultGaps = [(24,0,0,0)]
        , borderWidth = 2
        , normalBorderColor  = "#222222"
        , focusedBorderColor = "#6666ff"
        , terminal = "gnome-terminal"
        }

Also, the gnome-panel not longer seems to be included in the manageHook anymore.

Jevin

--
Jevin Maltais [jevin at techie.com]
http://jevy.org