[xmonad] Issue 96 in xmonad: certain dialogs get dropped in gnucash

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 14 10:51:05 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 10:44:16PM -0700, Jason Creighton wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 11:54:05AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:53:48PM -0700, Jason Creighton wrote:
> > > Seriously, it's probably not worth it: Even you if you find what looks
> > > like a problem, you'll have to do a lot of research and testing to
> > > figure out if that's actually the case, then you have to convince the
> > > Gnucash devs to accept a patch, blah blah blah work work work.
> >
> > I have commit access. It's a part of gnucash I've never touched, so I'd
> > go through the process of getting someone with more experience to
> > review it, but that's not really a big deal. It does affect other WM's
> > as well...
>
> Oh! I didn't know you were involved with gnucash at all. My warnings
> were based on me thinking that you were some random outsider (like
> myself) to that project. Your interest in this issue makes much more
> sense to me now.

:)

> So you must be andrewsw on #gnucash on irc.gnome.org, then?

yup. I'm pretty much the only "Developer" (that term should be used
very loosely when referring to me) using an alternative WM. There are
a couple of users who've complained about this issue as well using
some-other-random-WM's, making it an issue that I have interest in
fixing. A gui-heavy app like gnucash is already difficult enough to
use in a tiling/keyboard situation without it having these little problems.

> Hmm. IIRC, that the fix was commited after 0.5 was tagged, so you might
> have a while to wait.

yet another reason to fix it ;)

thanks for the pointer to the extra gtk_wdiget_* calls. THere was a
little interest on #gnucash about reworking that just because it's
ugly and a little hackish. Also, I pulled that extra _hide out and now
it works beautifully, though there are possibly other complications.

you are jcreigh, I see... see you on #gnucash...