[xmonad] Tabbed Layout

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Dec 12 12:55:15 EST 2007

Hi Dominik!

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 05:05:40PM +0100, Dominik Bruhn wrote:
> Hy,
> I got two questions:
>
> First the more general one:
> Serveal weeks ago here was a overviewpage with some modules and
> screenshots. Currently I can only find the haddok text, but there are no
> screenshots. I think the screenshots were quite usefull for beginners.
> Sometimes you can't realy imagine what a module/plugin does.

you can see many screenshot with the relative config file here:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Config_archive

The page you are referring to is gone due to the fact that many many
extensions have been added and it was not possible to manually update
that file anymore.

> The second one:
> Is there a possibility to add the tabbed-layout not to the whole
> workspace to maintain the tiled-layout and add the tabs to each of the
> small windows. More like ion (:/) does it. Does anybody understand what
> Im thinking about?

If I understand your question correctly the answer is no. The tabbed
layout is a full layout with tabs. Instead you want a tiled layout
with tabs. We could write such an extension. You could try to do it
yourself by starting from the present tabbed layout, though...;)

hope this helps,
andrea