[xmonad] newbie #2: "could not find module" XMonad.NoBorders, XMonad.Layout.NoBorders, etc.

Ralph E. Carter vamosaverlas at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:51:59 EST 2007

>From Dominik Bruhn:
> You have to execute the following AS YOUR USER (not as root):
>
> #for xmonad:
> runhaskell Setup.lhs --user --prefix=${HOME} configure
> runhaskell Setup.lhs build
> runhaskell Setup.lhs install
>
> #for XMonadContrib
> exactly the same as above.
>
> If you do this, Cabal registers the Packages automatically and xmonad
> should find them.

1. The above worked instantly. Thank you.
2. (While admitting that the problem could have been something else I did),
    let me point out that http://xmonad.org/intro.html, which I tried to follow,
    gives this, with a different order, and no curly braces:

    $ runhaskell Setup.lhs configure --prefix=$HOME
    $ runhaskell Setup.lhs build
    $ runhaskell Setup.lhs install --user

    (is it wrong?)

3. Thanks to the others who replied.