[Xmonad] Re: xmonad on one head display

pason.fazon pason.fazon at seznam.cz
Sat Aug 18 09:47:35 EDT 2007

Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at ...> writes:

> pason.fazon:
> > Hi all,
> > I am satisfied user xmonad on PC with two head display configuration (with
> > XINERAMA). I would like use xmonad on my notebook too. But I haven't
found any
> > way how to configure it. Xmonad always try to use XINERAMA and fails on
  one
> > display notebook. Is there any howto or decription for this simple case?
>
> Did you try compiling X11-extras for the notebook? What happens on the
> one head case -- it should "just work". More information please!
>

> Did you try compiling X11-extras for the notebook?
Yes, I did. (with Cabal ..)

Try 1) NB with ATI Radeon Mobility card, xorg Xserver,
without XINERAMA configured:
xmonad complained about XINERAMA and then failed

Try 2) I reconfigured xorg.conf ( Xinerama "on" with one screen ):
xmonad complained again about XINERAMA and then failed

In a case NB with one display: is X11-extras installation necessary?

Many thanks.