[Xmonad] a few questions

Michael Vanier mvanier at cs.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 3 21:58:02 EDT 2007

I've been playing around with xmonad 0.2, and so far it's been pretty pleasant.  I have a few
questions.  I'm running xmonad in wide mode exclusively, since my laptop screen is fairly small.

First, when I run emacs, it initially comes up in non-fullscreen mode (basically, it uses the
default dimensions I set in my .Xresources file, which don't quite fill the screen).  When I cycle
through other windows and come back to emacs the WM resizes it correctly.  I'm wondering why it
doesn't do so right away.  Is this a bug?

Second, I was wondering if there is a way to display the current workspace number and/or window
title in a dzen status bar.

Third, is it possible to swap workspaces i.e. change workspace 2 to 1 and vice-versa?

Thanks for all your help,

Mike