[Xmonad] How do I know if Xinerama's working?

Alec Berryman alec at thened.net
Thu Apr 26 18:29:03 EDT 2007

Bruce Stephens on 2007-04-26 22:48:08 +0100:

> (xmonad doesn't link against it, according to ldd, but I'm not sure
> whether I should expect it to or not.)

I have xmonad working with Xinerama, and the binary links with
libXinerama.  I believe that if X11-extras doesn't detect Xinerama
headers, it won't build in support, but it won't die, either.  When
cabal runs configure, I see something like:

checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes

Maybe cabal couldn't find your Xinerama header files.