[web-devel] Feedback request: new Yesod development server

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Nov 24 13:29:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Jos van den Oever <jos at vandenoever.info>
wrote:

> On Thursday 24 November 2016 08:32:53 you wrote:
> > I've just published a blog post describing an (almost total) rewrite of
> the
> > `yesod devel` server:
> >
> > http://www.yesodweb.com/blog/2016/11/new-yesod-devel-server
> >
> > This new version is not yet released, I'm requesting feedback before
> doing
> > so. If people can have a look, I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > I'm including the web-devel list, since this new version has very
> explicit
> > documentation on how to use `yesod devel` with non-Yesod application.
>
> Excited to see this. yesod devel is convenient and I use it constantly.
> It's a
> bit of a CPU hog though. My projects large and the relinking on every save
> sips a lot of juice.
>
> Will yesod devel continue to work with cabal files? I've a fairly large
> set of
> dependencies and have not managed to get these fulfilled by stack release.

This will only work on a project that has a stack.yaml file. Though to
clarify: even in Stack project, we still use .cabal files.

You should be able to get the same solver behavior as with cabal if you do
something along the lines of:

    stack init --resolver ghc-7.10.3 --solver

Obviously replacing 7.10.3 with whichever version of GHC you want to use.