[web-devel] Monad transformers with Warp/WAI

Alex alex323 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 19:05:48 UTC 2015

On Sat, 16 May 2015 18:30:31 +0000
Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:

> Typically it would look something like this:
>
> myApp :: AppConfig -> Application
>
> main = do
>   appConfig <- getAppConfig
>   run 3000 $ myApp appConfig
>
> Within myApp, you can now access the AppConfig value and use
> runReaderT to unwrap your MyApp transformer.

Is a consequence of this design that I have to use runReaderT every
time I want to use a function of the type (Foo -> MyApp Bar) from within
myApp? Is it better/easier to simply rewrite the all functions myApp
calls so that they accept an AppConfig parameter instead of returning a
MyApp Bar?

--
Alex