[web-devel] wai-logger

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Aug 18 15:47:43 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the delay but I have released wai-logger:
>        http://hackage.haskell.org/package/wai-logger
>
> I provide low level modules and a high level module. Users should use
> the low level modules. The high level module is designed for Mighttpd
> which uses the prefork technique.
>
> A sample code is found in its module documentation.
>
> Please use this package and give me feedback. And let's consider how
> to make this as a WAI middle ware.
>
> --Kazu

Looks very good. Two questions:

1. I thought the conclusion of the previous discussion was that
updating the time every second via a thread was less efficient than
comparing timestamps and updating as necessary.
2. Would it make sense to use a Builder (from blaze-builder) in place
of LogStr? Though based on the black magic you have going on under the
surface there, I'm guessing you did it this way for a reason ;).

Thanks,