[web-devel] [Yesod] getBy404.

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Mon Dec 20 18:03:29 CET 2010

That's a good idea. I've pushed a commit with that code to Git. I'm
not sure if I'm going to release a 0.6.8 including some recent
changes, or just wait for 0.7. If you need the function sooner rather
than later, then speak up ;).

Now a question for everyone: what do people think of removing
persistent as a dependency for yesod, and creating a separate
yesod-persistent package? Similar arguments apply here as for
yesod-auth and yesod-form: yesod is lighter, APIs can change more
freely, and less dependencies. Another possible change would be to
remove the hamlet and web-routes-quasi dependencies from persistent,
and instead stick orphan instances in a yesod-persistent package.

Thoughts are welcome on this, I'm rather ambivalent at the moment.

Michael