[web-devel] On the state of Haskell web frameworks

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:59:42 CEST 2010

On 20 September 2010 15:29, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy at n-heptane.com> wrote:
> Have you looked at HJScript or jmacro? Any idea what you would do
> differently from those?

I looked at HJScript a while ago. They're imitations of JavaScript,
too low level, I don't want to write JavaScript at all. I could build
ontop of HJScript, though, for a standard library. But I really would
like to forget about JavaScript entirely a la GWT's Java and
Cappuchino's Objective-C and work in some embedded interface
description language.

> This reminds me of another possible solution I thought of. Maybe the nicest
> solution (and a lot of work) would be a new language with a compiler that
> targets javascript but is designed to also interact with Haskell and be
> tolerable to Haskellers. Like HaXe, but different..

Personally I'd rather stay within Haskell.

Anyway talk is cheap, I'll chat more about this particular idea once
I've actually something substantial.