[web-devel] Ocaml has an ocaml virtual machine in JS now

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Nov 18 07:02:31 EST 2008

:-) We already have a haskell to javascript compiler.. It's not an
interpreter though..

----- Forwarded message from Vincent Balat <vincent.balat at pps.jussieu.fr> -----

m: 0 (Mail was not recognized as spam)

[Mail from Benjamin Canou redirected to the list]

Hi,

O'Browser is an implementation of the OCaml virtual machine in
JavaScript, designed to run in web browsers.
It features a runtime library compatible with OCaml's standard one
(including OOP and concurrent threads) and bindings of some JavaScript
functions to manipulate the DOM primitives.

The distribution is available at [1] and an online version of the
tutorial is reachable at [2].

Please note that this is an early version, in particular the DOM
interface module is neither pretty nor well typed.
However, it can already be used to create little applets or scripts (as
in the tutorial [2], the examples of the distribution [3] or my webpage
[4]) and we'll be glad to receive your comments or bug reports.

Have fun.

  Benjamin Canou.

[1] http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~canou/obrowser-0.1.tar.bz2
[2] http://www.pps.jussieu.f