[Template-haskell] new TH tutorial (request for comments)

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Mon Jan 23 03:27:58 EST 2006

> JA> i've recently written a tutorial on template haskell located at
> JA> (http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/TemplateHaskellTutorial).

I'd like to read some overview and comparison on "second-level
programming" in Haskell (and if there is none, I'm willing to contribute):

what is the relation between Preprocessors (DrIFT), Template Haskell,
Data.Generics/Typeable (so perhaps have one example presented in  each
of these frameworks)

and how it compares to Reflection (including Annotations) as in
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/package-summary.html

I have the feeling that annoations (in the Java sense, see JLS 9.6/9.7)
are a clever and powerful idea that we might want to copy.

Best regards,
--
-- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 --
---- http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/ -------