[Template-haskell] Release

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Thu, 22 May 2003 22:24:34 +0100

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 04:27:58PM +1000, Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:

> * Use a naming scheme for the functions that avoids having
>   to suffix some with "E" or "D" and some not.  Example: we
>   have "cond", but "letE".  Better *uniformly* use a single
>   suffix for all functions of the same class; eg, "condExp"
>   and "letExp" (or "condE" and "letE" if you desperately
>   want to save letters).

I made this change last night, and also a corresponding change to the
datastructures so there is now a more uniform approach. I believe from
discussions with Manuel off-list that this is what he had in mind, but I
apologise if I got confused.

Having seen the result of this Simon and Tim don't seem to be too happy
with it. Personally I'm not really fussed one way or the other,
especially as I think we should be trying to use them as little as
possible anyway. Manuel I assume is for it, unless I have misunderstood
him.

Thanks
Ian