[reactive] Problem with reactive-glut-0.1.9 on GHC 6.12.1

Tom Poliquin poliquin at softcomp.com
Sun May 30 22:49:29 EDT 2010

My student and I recently published four Reactive demos at,

http://formicite.com/dopage.php?frp/frp.html

All four  work well on GHC 6.10 but one user had trouble with
the two GLUT demos on GHC 6.12.1. We have fixed our modules
and hacked a fix for reactive-glut (which we have included
in our code just to get it working again). Most of the issues
revolve around GLdouble and Double.

To get it working we changed one line of code in SimpleGL.hs
117c117
<   f maxZ z = realToFrac (z - (maxZ `div` 2)) / 100
---
>   f maxZ z = realToFrac (z - (((fromIntegral maxZ)::GLint) `div` 2)) /
100

and removed 'Test.hs' requirement from the cabal setup as
we weren't able to figure out how to fix it.

Here's a snippit of our ghc-pkg list
   .. .. ..
   GLURaw-1.1.0.0
   GLUT-2.2.2.0
   HTTP-4000.0.8
   MemoTrie-0.4.7
   ObjectName-1.0.0.0
   OpenGL-2.4.0.1
   OpenGLRaw-1.1.0.1
   .. .. ..
   reactive-0.11.4
   reactive-glut-0.1.9
   unamb-0.2.2
   vector-space-0.6.2
   zlib-0.5.2.0
   .. .. ..

Note: On the website the downloads labeled '...V2' are
the ones with the hacks.

Any thoughts appreciated on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Tom and Tony